Today, MARTIN's Waste-to-Energy system has a sound foundation based on consistent implementation of the experiences gained in plants already operating and on our targeted activities in the fields of design and process engineering.
During this period, the company not only built combustion systems and supplied grates, it also began acting as a general contractor for the construction of entire turnkey plants. Major contracts, such as those for the Dutch cities of Rotterdam (waste throughput 1,500 t/d) or Amsterdam (waste throughput 1,900 t/d) were obtained in 1960 and 1966 respectively, as was the contract to supply a small-scale plant in Zermatt, Switzerland (waste throughput 40 t/d).
The company's orientation became increasingly international in character, culminating in the signing of a cooperation agreement in 1961 between Josef Martin Feuerungsbau GmbH and Société des Forges et Chantiers de la Méditerranée, Paris (today known as CNIM). The agreement was signed for the purpose of cooperating on projects and orders for Waste-to-Energy plants in France and in the countries of the former French Union.
Two projects, one in Issy-les-Moulineaux/Paris with a waste throughput of 1632 t/d and one in Ivry/Paris with a waste throughput of 2400 t/d, were thus implemented during this decade.
In 1967 MARTIN moved into a new office building in Leopoldstrasse, Munich, where it is still currently located.